In order to reduce cross-border transmission of COVID-19 virus, and ensure the health and safety of passengers and the smooth route to China,from April 11, 2022, passengers to China from Kenya by direct flight and transit passengers to China through Kenya, apply to the testing requirements updated as follows :
1. For fully vaccinated passengers residing in and departing from Kenya. The testing requirements are one nucleic acid PCR test on the 7th day before boarding + nucleic acid PCR tests conducted within 48 hours and 24 hours respectively before boarding (the two tests need to be carried out at different testing institutions) + one antigen test within 12 hours before boarding. The COVID-19 vaccines must be taken in accordance with relevant directives and the last dose must be taken at least 14 days before boarding.
For those who have not been vaccinated, the testing requirements are one nucleic acid PCR test on the 7th day before boarding +one nucleic acid PCR test within 24 hours and one IGM antibody test within 48 hours before boarding ( the two tests must be different from the testing institution on the 7th day before boarding ) + one antigen test within 12 hours before boarding.
2. For all passengers transferred to China through Kenya, the requirements are one nucleic acid PCR test and two IGM antibody tests within 48 hours before boarding + one nucleic acid PCR test within 24 hours before boarding ( the two nucleic acid PCR tests and the two IGM tests must be carried out at different institutions )+ one antigen test within 12 hours before boarding.
When applying for the health code, the antigen test report does not need to be uploaded. When the airline company handles the check-in procedures, it shall be checked with the health code. Only when both meet the requirements ( the valid health code and the antigen test report is negative), can the passenger be allowed to fly to China. Antigen test must be conducted indoors by a designated testing institution.
3. For passengers with a history of COVID-19 infection in Kenya,the chest CT/X-ray report is not required for the recovery period.
4. Please pay attention to the following requirements:
(1) Nucleic acid test and antigen test must be conducted at the institutions designated by the Chinese Embassy in Kenya.
(2) Do not falsify or forge test reports, vaccination certificates or other documents. Otherwise you going to be bear the corresponding consequences.
(3) It is recommended to upload test reports and other documents in chronological order and ensure that they are clear and complete.
The 24-hour consular assistance hotline of the embassy: +254-202711222
The emergency contact number of the Ministry of Health of Kenya: 0729471414, 0732353535
Kenya COVID-19 cases report number: 719
Kenya COVID-19 information: *719#